Saturday, January 11, 2020

More from the river

Here's another image from that walk along the river in January 2012. I took these photos with my first digital camera, a Panasonic Lumix "bridge" camera purchased in 2006. They were among the last photos I'd take with the Lumix before I got my first DSLR a few months later.

Muddy ruts in a dirt road down by the river, January 2012.

The file format was JPG, automatically processed by the camera. I hadn't yet ventured into RAW photos and was using an earlier version of Photoshop Elements for additional processing, essentially just cropping and adjusting brightness, contrast, and color saturation. Now I'm using my second DSLR, taking photos in RAW, and using Lightroom to do my own processing. I wonder what the future holds.

5 comments:

  1. For the last thirty years, digital photography has made tremendous advances. I remember the photos I took with my Apple Quicktake camera which were already very good, considering. Then it was the Kodak 50 and 260 [?] with only a slight improvement. Then it was my Lumix with which I took beautiful photos, if I have to say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rI'm using an old copy of Adobe Photoshop 5 (the last one I bought) and Lightroom. I think I've said before I don't like Adobe's price system - they increase whenever they want - so I recently started looking elsewhere and I bought Affinity (quite like Photoshop ) and Luminar4. The latter still has some problems, but also offers huge possibilities and it's definitely easier to understand/use than Lightroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture. You could use it to illustrate anything from a magical tale of princesses lost in the forest to time travel to a Stephen King. Boo~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chm, and now phone cameras are very good, too!

    mitch, :)

    elgee, I should look into those. My costs for PH and LR don't increase, because I'm not on CC, I have stand alone software, but I also don't get upgrades or new features. I'll have to look into those you mentioned.

    emm, flexible fotos! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!