Sunday, January 05, 2020

Sunny day

Saturday was a nice day. We had a clear (and chilly) morning and the sun stayed with us all day. Talk about making the season bright; sunshine works better than "a turkey and some mistletoe." The ground is still saturated and walking is not easy in some places, but Tasha and I stay mainly on the dirt road, which is drier now than it has been.

The is the view from our front deck again. Compare it to the foggy image from Friday. What a difference a day makes!

The screws we ordered to complete the assembly of the dresser arrived yesterday, so I'm hopeful that they'll work and I can finish putting it together in the next day or so. For some reason, some of the screws that came with the dresser turned out to be too short. So we ordered a bunch that are two millimeters longer and that should do the trick (although, as I write this, I haven't tried them yet*). It's amazing how you can find almost anything on the internet!

 *Update: I tried them and they work great.

8 comments:

  1. Now, waiting for a photo of the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both finished products: la commode et la galette des Rois.

      Delete
  2. It is amazing that you can find almost anything on the internet now. Glad to hear the dresser is finished and the galette as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such difference it makes to everything: a little bit of sun. It looks so much more inviting! I wish my view was like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know your screwing was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's amazing to me, is that the screws that came with it, were not right! Sheeeeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo has a pleasant winter/waiting for spring look to it. It's nice to see

    ReplyDelete
  7. chm, soon!

    evelyn, we find so many things we didn't even know we needed!

    elgee, one of the reasons we were attracted to this house was that it had big windows on all sides. Lots of light!

    mitch, hehe...

    judy, it really was unreal. It took me a few minutes to realize that it wasn't me, it was them.

    michael, we need to get through winter before the promise of spring, but our winters have been mild of late.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!