Friday, January 31, 2020

Warming trend

This weekend is predicted to get warm, especially for the beginning of February. They say that by Monday the high temperature will reach 18ºC (nearly 65ºF). Jeez.

A light frost in the vineyard last week. These vines are pruned, but the cut canes haven't been ground up yet.

If the days are dry, I have a few outdoor chores I'd like the get done, like pruning back the hydrangeas and the lilac tree. I don't know what I'll do if it rains. I know it won't be snowing.

4 comments:

  1. No snow sounds terribly wrong, although perhaps appreciated by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, too, are expecting a high of about that, in a few days... and then, snow again, right after LOL.

    ReplyDelete

  3. In 1956, the month of January had been rather balmy. My house plants had been sitting outside in my small yard in Paris and, suddenly, I think it was on the 31th, an arctic blast blew over and the temperatures dropped in the low teens overnight. That blast covered all of France and in Provence many olive trees were frozen! I hope for you this year is not a repeat.

    If you're interested, google "l'hiver de 1956". Wikepedia has a long article in French.

    ReplyDelete
  4. andrew, I'd like to see a little snow, we often see some in February.

    judy, hope it's not too much. We're having more rain now.

    chm, I hope not, too!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!