Friday, June 02, 2023

And the grillin' is easy

It sure feels like summer time! We're grilling almost every day right now, taking advantage of the warm and dry days. Yesterday, Ken marinated two rather large turkey legs and I slow-cooked them on the grill. Low, indirect heat for about two hours. They were delicious. And, of course, there are leftovers for another meal or two, one of which I hope will be turkey salad. Today: burgers!

Everything takes on a red tint when the sun shines on the patio umbrella.

The green bean seeds I planted in the vegetable garden a week ago today have popped up. They nearly all sprouted, and quickly, too. Amazing, compared to recent years. I think I'll put a row of yellow beans in today.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that home scene. So warm and inviting. Looks like bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's bliss like Mitch said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan from Perth02 June, 2023 14:56

    Cosy and comfortable, a very nice living room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh, it all looks so lovely, and feels so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At home in France…. beautiful. (That sounds like the name of a blog.)
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your place is lovely; I am mad-jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!