Monday, June 12, 2023

Overcast

We had a foggy morning on Sunday. Perfect weather for taking pictures. I grabbed the camera (not the phone) and took a little walk around the yard. In this shot, I'm looking west toward the garden gate and shed. The shed's seen better days, for sure, but it's still practical.

The lawn is taking on its summer brown.

There are three iris patches in the photo. The one along the base of the hedge was here twenty years ago. One year, I dug it all up, or at least I thought I had. Irises came back up and filled in over the next years. In two other places, we dumped some rhizomes that we dug up from another part of the yard and forgot about them. To my amazement, they didn't die. They just took root and now we have two "new" patches of irises. It's probably time to dig them up and divide them. I'll put that task on the list. At the bottom.

3 comments:

  1. Irises can be so incredibly hardy. The shed still has its charm (or maybe the charm has developed over the years).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked that shed of yours.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shed is indeed charming. So the back of your house faces west and your terrace faces east. Do I have that right?
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!