Saturday, June 24, 2023

I can't stop

Taking pictures of the vegetable garden, that is. I won't share them all, but here's just one more of the whole garden plot as we move into summer. From left to right: green beans row 1, green beans row 2, zucchini, tomatoes. In the background are the pumpkins. Beyond that, the oregano patch. Inside the cold frame was an attempt to germinate some collards and kale, but I think the seeds may be too old as nothing came up but weeds.

Looking east over the garden plot.

Now that everything is more or less established, it's maintenance time. I'll be weeding, watering, pruning off tomato suckers, and maybe planting a third row of beans.* There are already some good-sized tomatoes on the plants, and I picked the first zucchini yesterday.

* Since typing this earlier, I changed my mind and planted a row of Swiss chard were the beans were going to go.

8 comments:

  1. Exciting. How does your garden grow? (Rhetorical.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really great this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is growing so fast this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long hours of sunshine make you garden grow so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see no reason to stop taking photos of your garden. -- Chrissoup

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, I don't have to answer that question.

    kiwi, especially compared to last year!

    travel, every year is different. We've been lucky this year. So far...

    evelyn, yay summer!

    chris, I won't stop. I'll just try not to bore you all. Too much.

    judy, :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think 'can't stop' is OK when it comes to gardening.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!