Friday, June 30, 2023

Any (car)port in a storm

It's hard to see from the deck because it's surrounded by leafy trees. And that's exactly why the carport's roof needs periodic cleaning. When those leaves fall, they accumulate on said roof. Optimally, the metal roof should be cleaned every year. Actually doing it is another story. I don't remember the last time. But the spirit moved me the other day and I got the ladder out and, with the help of some garden tools, scraped the years-thick layer of decomposing sticks and leaves off the roof. Then I got the hose out and rinsed it down. We're good for another year. Or ten.

The carport's red metal roof.

On a completely unrelated note, I looked out the north window the other day and thought I saw a ghost. A black cat was prowling around (and at one point, chasing a squirrel). I immediately thought "it's Bert!" But no, that can't be. Obviously, one of the neighborhood cats has ventured into Bert's old hunting ground. He or she just happens to resemble our former mouser. Oh, and the squirrel got away. Yay!

5 comments:

  1. I at first thought that tree had come down on the garage port. Glad you were just showing off it's sparkle. That Bert sighting would have been chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Bert's holy ghost lol. Good work with the carport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evelyn above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great (big!) job on the carport roof!
    I can just imagine how your heart must have skipped a beat, seeing the black Bert lookalike suddenly. Awwww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, we had one more tree there that came down last year. Deliberately, it didn't fall.

    evelyn, I saw the cat again this morning. He ran out of the yard pretty quick when he saw me and Tasha.

    judy, it was a surprise, for sure. We're used to seeing him now.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!