Monday, July 03, 2023

Chambord

Let's set the WABAC Machine to ten years ago. It was July 2013 and friends from the US were visiting. Naturally, we made our way to the Château de Chambord which, for many years, has adorned this blog's banner (above). This is the central section of the castle's northern façade, in black and white.

Le Château de Chambord, July 2013.

As I've done in the past, I'm re-working some of the photos that I posted here back when they were taken. There are likely to be other photos that I haven't posted before. Except for the major items, I'll try to limit the history blah-blah. You can find abundant information on the internet if you're so inclined. That said, today's tid-bit is that this château was built in the early sixteenth century by King François I as a hunting lodge. A very impressive hunting lodge.

4 comments:

  1. The hunting lodge is stunning in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it called a hunting lodge because when guests arrived it was a 'hunt' to find which room was for them??? (heehee!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, the rooftop underwent a renovation recently. Now it looks even whiter.

    mary, good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this must have a sensational story how it was built and when and who owned it over the ages.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!