Sunday, July 02, 2023

Not my garden

As if. I took this on the grounds of the Château de Chambord back in the fall of 2012. The squared-off trees remind me of my hometown, where the same pruning technique is used, much less elegantly, on the plaza of the state capitol complex.

Those trees need a trim.

Saturday was blustery and wet. Probably not wet enough. I'm sure that our brown lawn enjoyed it nonetheless. The Tour de France is under way. This year's route doesn't come near us. Tournament play at Wimbledon starts tomorrow. That's it for the weather and sports. Film at eleven.

6 comments:

  1. Jardin à la française!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees DO need a trim. I'm glad you have Wimbledon and Tour de France to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on the Tour de France. I’ll have to find out where I can see it either on tv or online.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night I checked back "film at 11" - I wasn't expecting any film, but who knows for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. chm, oui !

    mitch, the only downer is that 1-hr time difference. The first matches start at 11 am London time, noon here.

    bettyann, it's out there somewhere...

    judy, :)

    mary, it's all digital these days. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!