Friday, July 21, 2023

The first green beans

While I was watering the vegetable garden yesterday morning, I noticed that we had green beans ready to pick. I didn't realize that there were so many. I'll probably be able to pick the same amount over the weekend. We'll be eating some today, but we may have to freeze the leftovers.

Green beans. The wine glass and scissors are purely for scale.

The second row of beans that I planted is starting to flower now. I think we'll be eating a lot of green beans in the coming weeks. It's a good thing.

9 comments:

  1. They're beauties. My favorite way to enjoy green beans — fresh! Is the scale to show us how much wine you poured into the glass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking green beans!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably won't do me any good to ask what variety those beans are...because it is probably a french haricot vert and not available here. Looks like a great variety. Very long. Do you cut the tips or are they tender and you leave them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a haul! Now I'm wishing I'd planted some this year. -- Chrissoup

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, I always pour the same amount into the glass.

    travel, and they taste good, too!

    judy, :)

    mary, I "top" them, but don't "tail" them. French people have laughed at me. They do both. I don't see the point...

    chris, I was surprised at how they grew, and are still growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute description- Walt! I will stop 'tailing' them - and my snap peas. My Mother just ate the peas from the vines when she grew them! No snipping necessary!

      Delete

Tell me what you think!