Tuesday, July 11, 2023

The summer garden

I know, I know. Another garden post. Sorry. It's the summer look, and we're starting to get results. I've been picking zucchini for a couple of weeks now. And the tomatoes are looking good, although only one is ripening at this point. The first row of green beans is covered in flowers. Beans are on the way. We have about a half-dozen winter squash. I thought I had planted pumpkins, but they turned out to be sucrines de Berry, very much like butternut squash. And that's alright with me.

The summer garden. Swiss chard is sprouting in the tiny row next to the zukes.

I also have basil growing in flower boxes on the deck, and it's looking good. Soon we'll be enjoying tomato, basil, and mozzarella salads.

9 comments:

  1. EXCITING! I'm sure glad you didn't give up gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a delicious zucchini spaghetti dinner last night chez moi. No garden here, just zucchini from store :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love butternut squash soup with smoked chipotle. So good frozen and when it gets cold a hot cup of soup, delish. Love your garden stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best parts of summer is the fresh produce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking very, very good. I finally planted some basil and I’ve been having tomato, mozzarella, basil salads a lot lately. Love them!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everybody! We both like butternut and will hopefully be able to freeze a bunch this fall. The butternut and chipotle sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!