Monday, July 24, 2023

Yes, I'll hold

I was in the chapel in the Château de Chambord trying to get a decent shot of the arched ceiling and the stained glass while trying to capture the volume of the space. It wasn't until I started processing the photo that I noticed the little girl standing next to a stroller holding a cell phone up to her ear. 

This is the cropped version of the photo. Chambord, July 2013.

I cropped the photo way down to shift the focus from the room to the girl. When I zoom in further, I can see that her disdainful eyes were fixed on me.

Zoomed in.


7 comments:

  1. Her head is too big and disproportionate for her body. She looks like an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she sees you.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her face reminds me of some early painting of people. Maybe you could make this into a portrait? I laughed when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, now, she is an adult!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes what you get when focusing on something else can be a gift. What a bit of whimsy in that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. chm, a very small adult...

    travel, thanks!

    evelyn, and despises me. LOL

    sillygirl, more than I'm capable of, I'm afraid.

    judy, it was ten years ago, so that's probably true.

    mitch, it's full of funny things: that look, the stroller (which doesn't seem to be for her), the phone.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!