Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Chim chim cher-ee

You get to see Chambord's ornate chimneys up close from the castle's rooftop terraces. I read in Wikipedia that the château has 282 fireplaces. Not surprising, given the size of the place. All that smoke had to go somewhere.

Chimneys at Chambord, July 2013.

I slept much better last night than the night before. And I woke up with a few more mosquito bites than I had before bedtime. Reader Mitchell mentioned anti-mosquito plug-ins in a comment yesterday. That reminded me that I have a couple of those, so I dug them out and plugged one in. After a while, my sleepy self wondered if I had it right side up or upside down. I couldn't figure it out in the dark, so I unplugged it. In the light of morning I figured it out. I had it upside down.

7 comments:

  1. That photo is stunning. But curse you, Red Barron! I can't get chim chim cher-ee out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's such fun having you and Walt spouting these things from our shared childhood era.

      Delete
  2. Love the chimneys at Chambord!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That’s a beautiful photo. All those marvelous details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the up close and personal shot of the chimneys! Maybe the architect (s) had a game going..."hey, I figured out how to add several on each chimney! Can you match that?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

    judy, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

    bettyann, :)

    chm, the roof has been restored/cleaned since this photo was taken. I haven't seen it in person, yet.

    mary, you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe time for netting? Or a family of bats?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!