Monday, July 29, 2019

Summer daze

We got the paint brushes out yesterday and made some progress. Ken stained/varnished a couple of wooden boxes we got for kleenex and a wooden coat rack for the wall, and I put a coat of paint on the column that was built to hide the drain pipe that comes down from the loft. I think it might need a second coat. We still have to varnish the oak shelf in the new half-bath upstairs.

Neatly trimmed grape vines bask in the heat during our recent hot spell. You can see how dry the ground is.

The weather stayed pleasantly cool on Sunday and I grilled hamburgers for lunch. Our neighbors across the road had a small gathering and they invited us, but we didn't get their phone message until it was too late. That's ok. I wasn't really in the mood to get presentable and socialize.

The house is cooling off to the point where it almost feels cold in the morning. Things are getting back to normal. At least for the time being.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the respite. Hotter than usual here but really not SO bad, although I’m not coping well. I usually don’t mind the heat at all, but it’s gotten to me lately. Looking forward to photos of your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm looking forward to the "ta-dah" photos of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first thought that you and Ken had decided to paint, as in, paint a canvas or two! Like, paint this scene! Ha! I thought, "No end to their talent, these guys." :)
    Then I read two more words. It pays to read all sentences. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, hang in there!

    evelyn, it won't be too long now. I hope.

    judy, haha! While we each have our artistic talents, none of them involves a paintbrush. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!