Sunday, July 25, 2021

And speaking of daisies

These are some domesticated standard garden variety daisies in our yard. We have a patch (un massif ?) that comes back every year. They're about three feet tall and look wonderful when they flower. Once the flowers fade they look a little sad, then in the fall they turn brown and die back. I have to cut and remove the dead stems before they re-sprout the following spring.

Daisies in the garden.

We're expecting some rain today. We'll see how much we get. I may have to turn on the soaker hose for the first time in a long time.

6 comments:

  1. Lol! Oui, un joli massif de marguerites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisies are kind of sad looking after they bloom, but they’re so worth it (especially since I’m not the one doing the clean up).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today’s daisies are screaming SUMMER! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are most likely Shasta daisies....
    very closely related to the Ox-Eye of yesterday....
    but is the one sold to create "massifs"....
    and, when you compare the two varieties....
    boy, o boy! Can you see why!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. chm, :)

    mitch, I wish they lasted a little longer, but I'm not complaining. Almost anything that thrives on neglect works for me.

    bettyann, :)

    tim, yup!

    michael, agreed!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!