Friday, July 23, 2021

Zucchini!

The zucchini has started producing and we're enjoying cooking with it. Yesterday I sliced and grilled some, along with eggplant, to go with a couple of grilled chicken breasts. Yum!

We don't eat the blossoms.

Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the week, with the temperature rising over 30ºC (86ºF). Then a front is expected to come through and cool things back down to normal (mid 20s, not bad) over the weekend. All the grass is now cut. For now. I'm sure I'll be doing it again next week.

9 comments:

  1. Délicieux beignet de fleur de courge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of a beautiful flower! We have heat warnings in the area but along the coast here around 29C today. It started off close to that this morning with humidity over 75 percent when I had to do my 45 minutes of walking. It’s nw 29, feels like 31, but the humidity has dropped below 60 percent. An improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad for you to be able to be grilling! Are you still enjoying the new umbrella?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Provence yellow in that zuke bloom - WoW! Looks striking next to the green and also those 'blu-ish leaves in front! Did you cut the zucchini lengthwise to grill it or do you use a 'basket' on the grill so you can cut it any which way you like? I had seen those 'baskets' a few years back and wanted to gift my daughter, but she didn't want one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. chm, not a beignet yet...

    bettyann, thanks!

    mitch, our humidity was high (for here) yesterday, the hottest day of the week.

    judy, yes!

    mary, I cut long zukes in half, then slice them the long way. They're so good grilled with olive oil, salt and pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of that! Thanks, Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. zukes !
    I remember they would grow a foot overnight if not watched carefully.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!