Friday, July 02, 2021

Being green

It's easy, so far this summer. The reason? Rain. We're having a break right now, but I'm not sure how long it will last. I got the small electric rototiller out yesterday and started attacking the weeds in the vegetable garden. I made good progress with a little more to do today. I also sliced my new soaker hose with the tiller blades, but was able to repair it with some parts from the connector kit. The grass in the south forty is ready to be cut again. The rest of the yard is not far behind.

Lots of lush green this year.

Bert wasn't home last night before bedtime. I'm not sure when he came home. I must have been sleeping well. I woke up at 02h30 and noticed him asleep on the couch, so I went downstairs and closed his window and turned the lights off.

7 comments:

  1. I bet you said some form of 'Oh dear' when realised you had cut through the soaker hose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one, Andrew! My first thoughts when I read that as well!!!

      Delete
  2. It seems that since you bought the soaker hose you really don't need it since Mother Nature is taking over. No?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very good inn keeper. I’m sure Bert appreciates what you do for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Bert!
    Glad you were able to repair the soaker hose. I bet that was a "grrr!" moment, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get a chance to respond yesterday, but the weeds really did make your garden plants disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer means brown and the lack of green.
    Yesterday we got a monsoon which raised the humidity and within 24 hours green things suddenly sprouted

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!