Monday, July 05, 2021

It's grapes!

The flowering stage is just about over and grapes are forming in the vineyards out back. Meanwhile, the growers and other workers are busy trimming, mowing, and plowing.

Grapes forming on the vines out back.

I'm still hopeful that our weather will turn into summer at some point. So far, it's been pretty much a washout. This morning the sky is deeply overcast after a rain system moved through in the wee hours. The sun's up, but it's still pretty dark out there. Tasha and I will go for our morning walk in a little while and try to avoid the puddles.

I got a new gas bottle for the grill yesterday and replaced the détendeur (regulator) since I had a second one. I keep two gas bottles so that if one runs out while I'm grilling a meal, I'm able to replace it on the spot. The grill works fine and I cooked some sausages for lunch. I've learned my lesson that I should turn the gas off at the bottle after every use rather than count on the grill controls to cut off the gas.

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing the grapes every year. So glad all is well with the grill. Those gas canisters make me SO nervous. Meanwhile, I’m grateful for a tiny bit of relief from the heat here. It hasn’t been extreme like so many other places, but it’s been hotter than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like wine is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the news I've read and heard about the destruction of the french grape harvest due to the weather I've pleased to see not all is lost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were just at a Missouri winery on Saturday, and parked right next to a row of vines... and the grapes looked just like these, at this point :)
    Glad that you've got something figured out with the gas bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing the grapes

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, we have a gas canister in our kitchen for the cooktop. It does make me nervous if I stop to think about it. We're talking about going induction this year, so the issue will become moot.

    bettyann, yay!

    mary, it depends on where you are. Some places have been hit hard this year.

    judy, what kind of grapes do they grow? And what kind of wines do they make? Enquiring minds...

    michael, me too!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!