Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Oregano flowers

Here's a close up of the flowers on the oregano plants in our yard/garden. I planted the oregano many years ago in a section of the vegetable garden that I wanted to become an herb garden. It didn't quite work out that way. But the oregano survived. It escaped the garden plot and is now coming up all over our yard. I let the patch closest to garden grow and I get a good harvest every spring. The rest gets mowed, but it's still there.

Purple oregano flowers. I haven't tried to eat them.

Speaking of mowing, I got the south 40 done on Monday. Today I hope to make more progress. You know what they say: make hay while the sun shines!

8 comments:

  1. You know what Prince Philip said: “If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful shot of the flower. I am glad I don't have to cut that much grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and thanks for letting me know that if I plant it, I need to put it in a pot, not in the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, I just watched "The Crown" so I know who he was talking about.

    michael, it's half an acre, minus the house footprint. Not really a lot, but still...

    bettyann, it does like to spread!

    mary, oui !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!