Saturday, July 10, 2021

Neat and trim

The past few days have seen a lot of trimming going on out in the vineyards. A small tractor, fitted with cutting blades, slices the long vine tendrils from the plant to help direct the plant's energy to making grapes rather than leaves. The result is row after row of neat-looking rectangular vines.

Compare and contrast: untrimmed vines on the left, trimmed vines on the right.

The weather cooperated yesterday and I got the west and north 40s mowed. Yay! I have one other mowing job to do and that's a narrow strip outside our north fence. But first I have to get back there with the pruning shears to lop off the monster thorny brambles that like to fill in the empty spaces. The thorns are big and sharp and they'll cut me to pieces if I don't take them out first.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting photo. Missing all the good wine of the Touraine already. My local Piggley Wiggley has some bottles of it at $22 or more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thorns are nasty things. I have to wear long sleeves when I trim my little date palm. Your player won, yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. evelyn, $22? Wow! That's a lot.

    bettyann, I probably won't be so lucky today, unless Novak has a really bad day. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!