Friday, July 16, 2021

Fleur d'artichaut

Our artichokes are blooming now. Since I took this photo last weekend, several more of the deep blue flowers have opened up. If you don't eat the artichokes, this is what they become. And the bees and other pollinators love them.

Our back yard artichokes.

This year the buds seem to be bigger than in recent years. I'm thinking that it's because of all the rain we've had. I do water these when it's dry, but this year I haven't had to and I think Mother Nature is giving them more water than I do. Perhaps I should have tried to harvest and eat a couple of these. Too late now!

4 comments:

  1. Artichoke flowers are so pretty, great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know who first looked at these oddities and thought this might be edible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bettyann, I was surprised the first time I saw one. Who knew?

    michael, good point.

    judy, no foolin'! Get it? lol

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!