Sunday, December 31, 2023

A last look 2023

Our living/dining room as seen from just outside the kitchen. I thought I'd record how this year's holiday tree looks in situ. I might post another shot tomorrow looking the other way. Tomorrow is the day that it all gets put away.

The fire is so delightful!

One of the big new year's news items here is that oysters from certain parts of the coast are being banned due to some kind of viral infection. People are upset (especially the oyster farmers) since oysters are among the most popular of New Year's Eve foods in France. We used to enjoy eating raw oysters, but no more. Ken's been sick a few times over the years after eating them. I've been lucky, but neither one of us wants to take any chances. So, for our New Year's Eve lunch, we're having shrimp and cod, both cooked.

Bon Réveillon ! Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. I have never liked raw oysters (loathed). But I do like them cooked. Our New Year's tradition was to buy fresh oysters for oyster stew. Haven't done that since we left the States. The view of the hose is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year guys, greetings from Jan & Dean in Perth ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pleasant place to enjoy a delightful life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. Sorry about the oysters. I had some Christmas Eve and they were so good. The first I have had in years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year. I hope it is a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping the new year is good for all of us! Enjoy your cod and shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this room! You two have made this house a charming, really attractive home. Wishing you both a wonderful, healthy, happy New Year!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, comfortable, cozy room. Happy New Year to everyone!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cozy looking and such an inviting living space! I just love that fireplace! Bye Christmas Tree and memorable ornaments - see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you continue to stop by. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!