Saturday, December 09, 2023

Everybody knows, a turkey and some mistletoe

As the years go by, my memory goes with them. I can't really remember the details about this ornament. It was likely a gift and I know who the likely gift-giver is. I just can't remember if those memories are correct. The ornament is a figure of a wolf and I think it came from a gift shop in Yosemite National Park. Did it come from my friend, S.? Did I buy it myself? Doubts creep in like a San Francisco fog.

The wolf kind of reminds me of our former sheltie, Collette (1992-2006).

That's one of the great things about having done this blog for the past eighteen years. I now have many memories recorded, some in photographs, others in prose. A lot of the details from before that time, however, are kind of up for grabs. The big events are easy to remember. My first trip to Paris. Meeting Ken. Finishing my college education. Buying our first house. Things like that. The rest, well, the devil's in the details, as they say.

3 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful ornament. I've gotten to the point where I don't remember the backstories of some of our ornaments. By the way, yes, I do know a number of turkeys. But I don't think I know any mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, that's exactly why I put that comma in there. ;)

    judy, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!