Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Jack Frost nipping at your nose

Here's another favorite tree ornament of mine. It was a gift from a friend in California many years ago. The tree depicted is either a coastal redwood or a sequoia. I'm not sure which. I'm also not sure if it's actually made from redwood, sequoia, or some other wood. Whichever it is, the ornament reminds me of our time in California and the friend who gave it to us. And that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

It wouldn't surprise me if this came from a craft shop in Mendocino.

The winds finally died down last evening. While the little tornadoes of fallen leaves were fun to watch, I'm glad they're gone.

4 comments:

  1. We have/had an ornament like that. Beautiful glowing photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part of Christmas ornaments is the memories that go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely ornament.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully handcrafted is my guess. I have done a lot of work with a bandsaw and a little work with a scroll saw and I think that ornament would be very difficult and time-consuming with a machine. On second thought it might be from a very complicated machine that spews out those trees in a minute or less (!)

    Yes, of all the holidays, Christmas does have many decorations I've kept that have very special memories! My Mother created ceramics in Burbank CA at Debbie Reynold's Mother's studio. She made several things, but one I enjoy immensely is of a Santa about 10" tall! After 4 years of living in Germany, my German Christmas ornaments also are eagerly anticipated each Christmas because of the many memories of those day!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!