Friday, December 08, 2023

And folks dressed up like Eskimos

This is one of the first tree ornaments I remember buying in the first few years that I was out on my own. It is, I think, one of those Hallmark ornaments in the Keepsake line. I wish I could remember what it cost back then. This will be (give me a moment to do the math) its forty-third year.

Ronald Reagan had just been elected president. Yikes!

We're keeping our eyes out for the landscape contractor. He emailed me a couple of weeks ago to say his team would be here to trim the hedges "next week." That was last week. I'm sure he's backed up with work because of the rainy weather we've been having. They'll get here when they get here.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite thing about unpacking the Christmas ornaments is the memories that evokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ornament!
    So... did the landscape contractor show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, :)

    judy, they haven't showed yet. But there's nothing urgent about our hedge trimming, so it's alright. It just needs to get done before the new spring growth shows up.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!