Sunday, December 10, 2023

Help to make the season bright

Ken's aunt painted oyster shell Santas back in the day, several of which adorn our tree each year. At least since the '90s. She also painted on canvas, and we have one of her Outer Banks beach scenes hanging in our entry.

A smiling oyster shell santa painted by Ken's aunt.

We're in a warming trend right now. Today's high is expected to hit 14ºC (about 57ºF) later today and tomorrow. That's pretty mild. I haven't built a fire in a couple of days.

I did venture out to the market in the wind and rain yesterday morning. I figured that, in that weather, there wouldn't be any lines for ordering the holiday bird. I was right. And the fish monger had coques (cockles), so I got a kilo of those. We'll use them to make linguini with white clam sauce for today's lunch.

7 comments:

  1. We bought an oyster shell Santa in La Jolla in 1993. It's not as charming as the one from Ken's aunt. Going up to 20C here today. 25 Monday and Tuesday. Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Santa and your lunch sounds scrumptious!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. 57! Did you wear shorts when you went to the market? Amazing weather...for December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the market was yesterday. I got it mixed up. I have just started my second cup of coffee, I should be back to normal - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ornaments with tales and memories!They are the best ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, 25! Wow!

    judy, :)

    bettyann, it was pretty tasty. We ate it all.

    anon, LOL

    michael, truly!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!