Friday, December 01, 2023

Who goes there?

This painting in Verteuil surprised me. At first glance, it looked so real that, for a brief moment, I thought it was. After all, Halloween was right around the corner. But I quickly realized it was a mural. A darned good one.

Medieval man, Verteuil-sur-Charente.

The permanent crown is in. It took about an hour, forty-five minutes longer than I thought it would. Lots of adjusting and grinding and polishing to get the bite just right. I bit down on so many test papers that I think the least they could do is to make them flavored (mango! strawberry!). But it's finally done. And, aside from some very minor soreness in my jaw, it feels like nothing ever happened. That's a good thing.

5 comments:

  1. That's a fascinating little mural. Ultra-realistic and cartoon-like at the same time. Glad the crown saga is finally over. Hope the jaw is better very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good news about the crown! Mr. Medieval Man here, would probably have wished he had had the dental options we have today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be glad the dentist was particular about the fit. I have had a LOT of dental work done and my bite is now too difficult to correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, after a few of those 'bite tests' - my sensitivity is shot! I've had to go back for even a third time - because the bite can really be annoying when it is off! Happy for you that now it feels normal. That painting IS so realistic I might have stepped back to give him more room... is he gripping the handle of his sword in his left hand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, thanks! It's much better now.

    judy, I'll bet!

    sillygirl, I'll consider myself lucky. Going through the adjustments felt like an eternity, but now it was just a blip in time.

    mary, it could be a sword... hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!