Friday, December 15, 2023

And every mother's child is gonna spy

Here's another wreath, another of my step-mom's craft ornaments from the seventies. It's a painted wood ring with an embroidered Christmas tree fixed in the middle. It's another of my favorite ornaments, and this one's much more durable than the wreath in yesterday's post.

The wooden cranberry garland and the gold star garland both came from Crate & Barrel in San Francisco.

The pickle (or cucumber) ornament is among a small group of vegetable ornaments given to us by a friend in California. By the way, I decorated the tree yesterday afternoon. Pictures to come!

6 comments:

  1. That wreath has so much charm. We have a glass pickle, too. No other vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that these were all gifts and it seems like your step mother was rather fond of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still loving the ornaments... I missed yesterday's post... so sweet, that little doily ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Your step mom was very talented. It appears she became your stepmom when you were quite young.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is fun decorating a tree and bringing out ornaments from years gone by. Such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love ornaments with stories to them; thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!