Wednesday, December 13, 2023

They know that Santa's on his way

Many of the tree ornaments in our "collection" evoke nature, animals, and/or food. I really like this little bird feeder. That's real birdseed inside! I don't know, but the bird might just be the bluebird of happiness.

Remember incandescent mini twinkle lights? They're long gone, replaced by LEDs.

I think that this one came from Crate & Barrel in San Francisco's Union Square neighborhood, close to where I once worked. I read on line that the store closed last year, which is too bad. I enjoyed wandering around inside during lunch hour back in the day. But there are several other C&B stores around the Bay Area that should take up the slack, not to mention on line shopping.

6 comments:

  1. I love your motley collection of tree ornaments and am enjoying reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your collection! We had several bird feeder tree ornaments, too, filled with seed. We thinned out the ranks before our move giving away about 80% of our Christmas stuff. Sadly, the bird feeder collection was left behind... and now I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, the Colette photo ornament is sweet :) I like that bird feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely collection, especially Colette in the dog house.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crate & Barrel has always been a favorite store of mine to enjoy their displays and merchandise! Unfortunately, I have to travel a long way to Portland to enjoy and I haven't been there since before COVID. Probably better for my budget. I shared Thanksgiving dinner with a friend from San Francisco. He said there are still plenty of shoppers in downtown S.F. regardless of the reporting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything dog-related. I love Colette in the dog house! I was thinking that I needed to do some sort of ornament for Shirley this year!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!