Monday, December 11, 2023

Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow

If you've followed this blog for a while, you probably know I'm a tennis fan. So it follows that I'd have a tennis ball tree ornament. I first picked up a tennis racquet back in the early seventies, the age of Evert, Connors, and Navratilova, among others. I was never very good at it.

The smaller-than-life-size tennis ball ornament.

In the late eighties, I took a tennis class at the local community college in San Francisco, but I didn't get much better. The last time I picked up a racquet was 2003, just before we moved to France. I did, however, become pretty good at watching tennis on tv and, these days, many more tournaments are televised than there used to be.

7 comments:

  1. I'm a better player than I am a watcher.

    And I can't hit the broad side of a barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never played, keep the balls fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... will find it hard to sleep, tonight (I know that's coming tomorrow, but it's what I could have said about myself, last night... too much work and life stuff spinning in my head... I'm glad to be up and just enjoying some blog reading with coffee).
    Great job building up those tennis-watching skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I just saw what Mitchell wrote :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I’m very good at watching golf tournaments. I would love to have some of those chocolate snails!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took up tennis at about the same time. I had to give it up because it was doing in my knees. Pickle ball is popular now but I'm still thinking about how useful my knees are for walking around my neighborhood. I enjoy seeing your ornaments every year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, fortunately, tennis courts don't have barns.

    travel, ha!

    judy, what's challenging (at least for me) is watching 2 matches, on two different channels, at the same time. But I think I've mastered it! ;)

    bettyann, the snails are tasty. I've only found them in the stores during the holidays.

    evelyn, I keep hearing about pickle ball. I think it has even come to France.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!