Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Two pie are...

...better than one. We finished the apple tarte on Christmas Eve. I made this pumpkin pie yesterday. Again, I used sucrine squash that grew in this year's vegetable garden as a stand-in for pumpkin. And it tasted delicious.

The crust is made with butter.

I hoped you recognized the joke in this post's title. "Two pie are," or 2πr, is the formula for calculating the circumference of a circle. If I did my math right, the circumference of this pie is just over 81 centimeters or about 32 inches. Which is my waist size. Or was, before I ate those pies.

7 comments:

  1. That pie is perfection! Thanks for the explanation. (Art major.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten the pi stuff lol. My geometry teacher used to tell a joke about 2pi squared that ended with "no pie are round".

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I absolutely did not catch your joke--ha! (French major.)
    I'd love to have tasted your pie, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not get it (Marketing major - although I do know that formula :-} r= radius! That induction oven must be really fun to use! More pies and cakes, please! Love to see your results even if we can't give a quality rating!
    Thanks for passing info on to Ken - did he change something or was that *&#$ blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, I was good at high school geometry. (Architecture major).

    evelyn, yeah, pie are round, corbread are squared. LOL!

    judy,, there's some left!

    mary, the oven is electric, only the stove top is induction. And yes! It's nice to use, especially for simmering on low temperatures. I don't think Ken changed anything. Must have been blogger. :(

    michael, Ha! Dépêches-toi ! Elle disparaît...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!