Saturday, December 16, 2023

To see if reindeer really know how to fly

This is the reindeer collection. A paltry three. The silver one is supposed to be, I think, a tree ornament, judging from the ring on its back (there used to be a red ribbon tied to it). However, the thing is so heavy that it weighs down any branch it's hung on, so now it's just a free-standing buck. Once again, I don't recall the origin of any of them.

None of these three reindeer knows how to fly.

I was surprised to see the weather forecast for the next five days: clear, sunny, and colder than it has been. I hope it's accurate; we haven't seen much of the sun these past weeks. Parts of the wood pile that got wet may now have a chance to dry out. And I may be able to get some outdoor tidying up done. We'll see.

6 comments:

  1. I've had ornaments like that that ended up on a table. And this silver one looks like he actually thinks he'll get off the ground. My favorite of these is the large flat one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that we can't share holiday photos with you here. I have a reindeer with a bird's nest in one of his antlers. Your arrangement is nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Evelyn, there has been a time or two when I would have liked to share a photo or two! Reindeer are so much fun in the child's image of Christmas to me!

      Delete
  3. mitch, that's my favorite, too.

    evelyn, I wonder if there's a way, but I'm sure it would be very complicated.

    judy, Ho, ho, ho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! I have some of the same silver reindeer as you! 4 of them.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!