Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Although it's been said many times, many ways

This little golden bear is one of a small collection of glass animal ornaments that Ken gave me one year in the eighties. In almost forty years, I've only broken one. I'm glad it wasn't this one because it's my favorite. The Golden Bear is the mascot of what would later become my alma mater, UC Berkeley.

Isn't he cute?

It looks like our brief cold snap is ending. Although it didn't really freeze, we were close, and it's not even winter, yet. It's anybody's guess as to what this winter's weather will be like. We used to get some snow between December and March, but recent years have not had any. I kind of miss it.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't remember that you were a Berkeley grad. I worked there for less than 2 years -- one of my worst work experiences (although not my worst). The golden bear does not give me the warm fuzzies, but I love the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ornament, too :)
    Apparently, they're saying that we are supposed to have a snowy winter here in St. Louis. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!