Thursday, April 23, 2020

Flower pot in a wall

One of our stops in the Dordogne was the picturesque hilltop town of Domme. With spectacular views over the river valley and lots of shops and restaurants to cater to tourists, the town was bustling with people, at least on the main street that lead up to the overlook. After we saw that, we made our way back to our car through some of the town's smaller residential streets.

I'm not certain that I saw this in Domme, but it was not far from there.

It looks like I've got a window of two days to cut the grass again before we get more rain. So that's my plan for today and tomorrow. I'm also harvesting and drying oregano. Years ago I planted oregano in the vegetable garden. It escaped and is now growing wild in the yard. I let it grow and cut it this time of year. It doesn't have much flavor when fresh (which surprised me) but when dried it's fragrant and flavorful.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that about oregano. A fascinating factoid. The photo is another little work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lovely hotel and restaurant called L'Esplanade in Domme. The wistera there was lovely. The lunch was delicious also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beautiful vignette was just sitting there waiting for your camera and your artistic eye. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I don't know if it's true for all oregano, but it certainly is for what grows in my yard.

    evelyn, yes! I think we had a drink on their terrace when there.

    bettyann, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!