Tuesday, April 28, 2020

More rain

I got some more grass cut on Monday afternoon, but didn't finish. The dew was heavy in the morning, so I had to wait until after lunch. Not surprisingly, I ran out of steam after a while and had to stop. Then the rain came back. It rained most of the afternoon and into the evening. I still have a section of grass to cut, but it will have to wait. By the time I get to it, the south 40 will likely need cutting again.

The rain was getting heavier as Tasha and I high-tailed it back home on Saturday morning. It's really that green out there right now.

I thawed out some grated zucchini yesterday and will make some zucchini bread this morning. It's not really bread, but more like a cake that we eat as dessert. I also thawed out a UFO (Unidentified Frozen Object) that turned out to be some applesauce that I made a couple of years ago. I need to think of something to do with it. I suppose we could just eat it as it is!

7 comments:

  1. Good to know apple sauce frozen 2 years ago is still safe to eat. SG would throw it without a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That green" is lovely. Spring is a wonder every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A picture perfect French hamlet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to be 94 F today in Northern California, which is way too early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My weather seems to be tracking yours in lockstep. Yesterday was pleasant in the morning and then turned to rain. Today is forecast mid-70's. More time for outside chores. Did you manage a photo of the new growth in the vineyards?

    One can use applesauce as a substitute for fat (butter or margarine) in cake recipes to reduce the calories. The cakes turn out really moist but zucchini cakes are always moist anyway!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that green is very calming. I'll bet you're going to have a good garden year.
    Maybe you could use the applesauce on the zucchini bread?

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, waste not, want not! But be careful...

    evelyn, it sure is!

    bettyann, :)

    diane, wow!

    mary, yes, I got some shots and posted a couple over the past few days.

    emm, the weather could change at any point. Last summer was hot and dry.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!