Monday, April 20, 2020

Side by side

Here's a freshly plowed field between a small vineyard parcel on the right and the piney woods on the left. Last year was the first year I've seen it plowed and planted since we've been here. Whoever owns the parcel planted millet there. I don't think it was harvested; it may have been a cover crop. I wonder what, if anything, will be planted there this year.

A freshly plowed field between grape vine rows and the piney woods.

Today I'm venturing out to the grocery store. Not inside the store, but to the drive pick-up at Intermarché across the river. It will be my first time out since April 4. We placed an online grocery order last week and today is the day. It will be interesting to see what we get. This is the first time we've ordered some frozen food this way. I'm taking an insulated bag for those items. I'm also planning to take Tasha with me. She loves to ride in the car.

6 comments:

  1. Please keep us updated on future happenings in this field. Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrasts in this photo. And, in case you're wondering, yes I am now singing "Isn't it warm? Isn't it rosy? Side by side. By side. Ports in a storm. Comfy and cozy..." You get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy, can't wait to hear about groceries success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon, how are you? I'm Brazilian and I'm looking for new followers for my blog. I can follow you too.
    https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/?m=1

    If you follow me you can send the link to my blog and I will follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Mitchell, I now have a Sondheim earworm going ...
    I confess, the last time I went out to do a (necessary) errand, I drove home the long way, just because it was out in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bettyann, of course! :)

    mitch, I thought you might...

    judy, it was good. One item not available, another substituted, but no problems.

    luiz, thank you.

    emm, hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!