Friday, April 17, 2020

Rear view

Here's a close-up of the greenhouse that we had built on the back (west) side of the house back in late 2016. Hard to believe that this is its fourth spring. The photo is just a crop of the wider image below it.

The wisteria is beautiful right now. I need to get a better shot of it.

The weather is getting nicer again, so we'll be able to get outside a little more. My motto: if I can do one "thing" a day, I'm happy. Of course, some days I'm just lazy and don't get much done. Other days I can be very productive, so I figure it all evens out.

This is the original photo.

On Thursday, I cut back some tree saplings that started growing where they shouldn't, mostly along the fence that closes in our yard along the north side. A couple of oaks and a few birches got snipped back after a couple of years of growth. The roots aren't gone, so I'll be snipping them back again, I'm sure.

7 comments:

  1. Four years already? How time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wisteria! I had one trip to France in April and saw some beautiful arbors of wisteria- unforgettable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, time has flown. Your back garden looks so expansive and bright now, too. I would love to have wisteria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell of wisteria. spouse and I are still working from home. we are bored to death, but not enough to go mingle with the diseased masses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jean, amazing, eh?

    evelyn, I planted it in 2006, I think. Since then I've cut it back several times, the latest last year. It will take over if I let it.

    judy, :)

    mitch, in a lot of ways, it looks so very different from what it was 17 years ago.

    michael, it's a nice place to hang out, but I spend most of my hang out time on the deck on the other side of the house. It's easier to get to the kitchen from there!

    anne marie, I'm a hermit by nature, so I'm not really feeling any different under confinement. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!