Sunday, April 26, 2020

Green

A thunderstorm rolled through early on Saturday morning, a prelude to a mostly rainy day. The sun did come out later in the afternoon, though. Tasha and I headed out just as the storm moved in and, naturally, turned right back around. After the storm, we made another attempt but we didn't get far before the rain started falling again.

Springtime among the vines. Tasha and I made it out to that lone tree before rain forced us to turn back.

I had the camera with me because I wanted some shots of the grape vines with their fresh green leaves. The ground in many parcels is covered with thick green grass thanks to recent rains. The growers have plowed the grass under in certain parcels, and I think some growers have sprayed herbicide in other parcels, so I wanted to get a shot before the grass dies or gets mowed.

8 comments:

  1. It IS so different all greened out. I love the angle of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitchell beat me to it. Great angles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the composition of this photo. That lone tree is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, the angle, the green, the view! All great, except that you couldn't take your walk :(
    Nice weather, so... what did you get done today (since you asked)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the drab colors of winter the viridity of spring is marvelous to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that Bert sleeping in the grass?

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosia, it's nice and green right now!

    mitch, lots of angles in the vineyard.

    bettyann, :)

    evelyn, we've been watching it grow since we've been here.

    judy, I trimmed some shrubbery. I live a glamorous life!

    michael, it is certainly welcome.

    diane, I don't think so, it's likely the trunk of a dead grape vine.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!