Monday, April 27, 2020

Well, well, well

A shot of our real fake well in the rain. Last year's clary sage plants have come back with a vengeance. The iris gets bigger every year. I don't really know where that iris came from. I don't remember it being there when we first got here. In fact, I've dug up and replanted that bed around the well several times over the years. When I first noticed that iris (whenever that was), I just decided to let it stay.

What's growing inside the well is some kind of grain. I hang a bird feeder there in the winter and the birds throw a lot of the seed down into the well. It sprouts every spring.

Ken is picking up another drive order of groceries today. It's been going pretty well, but we're still looking forward to the day we can go back to the markets and inside the supermarkets. The outdoor markets are mostly shut down, but there's no ban on going inside supermarkets. It's just that we're a little (a lot) skittish about being in enclosed spaces with other people right now.

7 comments:

  1. That well is a work of art. What a great place for a bird feeder so the seeds can sprout and do whatever they want. I find myself a bit sad today about how the world is again changed forever. I still wonder what normal is going to look and feel like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard not to feel that way, isn't it, Mitchell. We're lucky that we have loved ones to live with, during these quarantine times, at least, eh? I think of the people we know who are living alone during this. Yikes.

      Delete
  2. We don't go in stores either. I miss something I always took for granted. We do pick ups at Walmart. It's going to be an interesting summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the lilac in the background that's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine the kids growing up today and in the near future. Will they have any idea what a different world it is with all of the closings, unemployment, backrupt(HA! I've been dealing with backache!) - bankruptcies and huge losses everywhere? What do we have to look forward to in just the rest of the year? No Paris Open, No Tour de France, the list just keeps getting longer. SAD.
    Oh - and don't go searching for chocolate oregano (not a possibility!) - but there is chocolate mint! My mind sometimes acts irrationally!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has the Tour de France been cancelled? I read somewhere that it was pushed back to late August-September. But that was a few days ago.
    That lilac is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just visited the grocery store this morning. no mask, no service; only so many people allowed in at a time. I took my time to do my weekly shopping. still no paper towels or toilet paper, but was able to get everything on my list.

    butter/eggs/OJ/tylenol - one person can buy a limited quantity of each item so that others may buy it too. it's not so bad. and it gives spouse 2 hours of quiet time so that he can work from home.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!