Sunday, August 16, 2020

We'll always have Paris

I'm out of photos again! So here's a blast from the (recent) past. Pre-coronavirus. In the spring of 2018 I spent a few days in Paris with friends from upstate New York who were beginning a tour of Normandy. We had great adventures together and there were times when they were busy and I was on my own. The weather was good, so I took some long walks through the city, camera in tow.

In the plaza at the Palais de Chaillot. No masks, no distancing. Those were the days.

We're having some rain today, maybe some thunder. I saw some distant lightning flashes in the wee hours this morning, but heard neither thunder nor rain.

9 comments:

  1. La Grande Dame de Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Walt, the photo is wonderful. Although i've been to parts of France, I can't believe I've still never been to Paris. Have no idea when that will happen now! I really enjoy your photos from there (OK, and everywhere).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a wonderful photo. You've managed to capture a certain excitement people were feeling about finding themselves in such a grand spot.

    Sounds like a successful day at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We’ll take your blasts from the past anytime, thanks!
    P.S. You can never be out of photos when you have Tasha around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks...for the memory! Someday I will return and enjoy that exciting city!!! Who could grow tired of a city like Paris? So many museums, beautiful architecture and those doors, those scultures...etc.

    Champs de Mars, just as I remembered it looking when I've walked under or near le tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will take the thunderstorms over Paris any day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. chm, bien sûr !

    mitch, I hope you get to go one day!

    sheila, more people were wearing masks than previous weekends.

    bettyann, wait for tomorrow!

    judy, thanks!

    mary, there's a lot to see and do, that's for sure.

    michael, ha! I hope you get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Followers (261) blogwalking here from Malaysia. Regards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!