Monday, August 14, 2023

Bean bonanza

This is what I picked on Sunday. It's all from the second row of beans that I planted. I had originally planted the whole row with yellow beans, but most of those seeds failed to germinate. I filled in with the same green bean variety that I planted in the first row.

Beans, beans, good for your heart...

Needless to say, we'll be eating some green beans over the next few days. Some will more than likely end up in the freezer. And there's at least one more harvest to come. I also picked three more zucchinis and about a dozen more tomatoes. Yikes!

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha , yes bumper crops of everything this year it is difficult to keep up. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like fresh produce from the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans as art! -- Chrissoup

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of beans grown in Oregon - but now I need to look up that they are good for my heart! News to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, I swear the zucchini gets bigger as I carry it into the house.

    diane, seems to be a good year for a lot of people!

    michael, true!

    chris, :)

    mary, uh-oh...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!