Sunday, August 06, 2023

Weeds and wildflowers

Baby, it's cold outside. Not the bone-chilling cold of winter, but an unseasonable chill is definitely in the air. A stiff northwest wind makes it feel even colder. I wear three layers for the morning walks. The afternoon walks only require two layers. The weather gurus say we should return to more summery weather by mid-week. That will feel good.

Little daisies and tall grasses among the grape vines.

I harvested a bucketful of tomatoes a few days ago and, in addition to a tomato salad or two, I made sauce for the freezer. We now have seven 750ml containers (about 5.5 US quarts) of sauce put away for fall and winter.

4 comments:

  1. We apparently got some “cool air from France” for the start of the weekend. Temps in the mid-70s to high-80s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your tomato sauce is delicious, especially in the wintertime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not believable there is any place on earth where it is chilly
    I am mad-jealous about the toms/sauce !

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, cool. ;)

    evelyn, tastes like summer!

    michael, I can't imagine how hot it is in PHX!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!