Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Little vines

Here's a close-up view of the new grape vines in the replanted parcel out back. Last week, I noticed that someone spent a few days bent over pulling the weeds that were growing close to the vine stems. That's backbreaking work; at least the weather was cool.

New sauvignon blanc vines.

Yesterday I cut the south forty and the strip outside the hedges. Those rains did indeed make the grass and weeds start to grow again. Today I hope to get the north forty done, then on Thursday tackle the west forty. Now that the rain has stopped, I'm back to watering the vegetables. I should be able to harvest a bunch of tomatoes as the week goes on.

3 comments:

  1. That IS backbreaking work. So is mowing all 4 of the 40s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed reading the blogs yesterday... how lovely your terrace looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, there are only three 40s. Thank goodness!

    judy, it's a nice place to hang out, and not too far from the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!