Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Summer lunch

Back in the summer of 2006, after Collette died, but before Callie came to live with us, we had a lot of visitors, mostly from the US. Our friend CHM was among them. While he was here, we took a drive over to the city of Saumur on the Loire River and had a leisurely lunch in town.

The colorful "terrasse" of a restaurant in central Saumur. July 2006.

I'm trying to remember what we ate, but I can't. It was seventeen years ago, after all. I do remember that Ken had something that he didn't like as much as he thought he would. He'll remember what it was. Since covid, we haven't had visitors nor have we ventured out for lunch. I did go out to lunch in Paris last March, but that was the first time I had ventured up to Paris since 2018.

We're lucky that we both like to cook and that we have a nice terrace to hang out on in the summer months. We do have a little trip planned later this fall, just a few days in a relatively close part of France that neither of us has been to. Something to look forward to!

5 comments:

  1. I love these slice-of-life photos. This scene is immediately French.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mitchell. The scene screams French! It makes me want to click my fingers and be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Thank you.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at Ken's blog 22nd July, 2006!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, :)

    michael, can you teach me how to do that? It would save a lot of time and airfare! ;)

    bettyann, :)

    anon, yup.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!