Saturday, August 05, 2023

Too soon?

With this chilly weather we're having now, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's late September/early October. Seeing these grape vine leaves turn orange and red reinforces the illusion. In truth, there are always some early turners among the bright green leaves of the summer vineyards.

Early fall color among the greens and whites of summer.

I noticed on Friday morning's walk with Tasha that some of the red grapes are turning color as well. This morning's low is about 14ºC or 57ºF. Brr!

6 comments:

  1. At first, before reading your text, I thought it was a bright red hollyhock - rose trémière en français. Beautiful contrasting colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful for a cool 25C this morning. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, 27C is the ideal temperature year round! I hate cold, ice and snow!

      Delete
  3. I guess everything ages differently.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. chm, :)

    mitch, oh, to see 25º again!

    evelyn, and everyone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bring it here please we are quite ready for Sept/October.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!